I found this recipe on Pinterest and my boyfriend gobbled it right up! So easy and it makes a ton of servings, it says only 4, but I think for sure 6 or even 7! I served with golden potatoes baked with fresh dill and olive oil. [Thanks Tablespoon for the amazing recipe]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (white or red)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (4 oz)
- Toppings [optional]: plain Greek yogurt/goat cheese, Sliced avocado, Fresh cilantro and/or Crumbled cotija (white Mexican) cheese, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) or 13×9-inch (3-quart) ceramic or broiler-proof baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat 10- or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and onion; cook 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Reduce heat to low. Add quinoa, chicken, black beans, green chiles, chili powder and 2 cups of the enchilada sauce; stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese. Transfer quinoa mixture to baking dish. Top evenly with pepper Jack cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn oven control to broil. Place baking dish about 5 inches from broiler; broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from broiler. Top with greek yogurt, avocado, cilantro and cotija cheese. Serve immediately.