1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken stock
2 handfuls baby spinach
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper. Add quinoa and saute for about 2 more minutes.
2. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for about 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
3. Add spinach to the pan, cover for a couple of minutes to allow the spinach to wilt
4. Once spinach starts to wilt, stir into quinoa and stir in parmesan. Serve immediately.
*at the end I threw in a half of an avocado!
My mom made this one night, she got it from the incredibly talented Maria Emmerich!
2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
4 red peppers, sliced
1/2 pound bacon strips, diced
1 pint grape tomatoes
Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
1 pound crabmeat, flaked (I found mine at Sam’s)
2 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 TBS olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
OPTIONAL: hard boiled eggs
Cut the asparagus and peppers into 2 inch pieces. Cook the bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Add in the asparagus, peppers, tomatoes, crab to the bacon (and grease from the bacon) and cook until veggies are crisp tender. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Whisk the lemon juice, oil, and 1 minced clove garlic together in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Makes 10 servings.
[NUTRITONAL COMPARISON (per serving)
Using Imitation Crab = 173 calories, 13 carbs, 2.8g fiber
“Healthified” Salad = 163 calories, 6 carbs, 2.8g fiber]
This smoothie is packed with antioxidants and vitamin C, and ohh so sweet…
1/2 peeled grapefruit
1/3 c frozen blueberries
1/3 c raspberries
2 T ground flaxseed
A couple small kale leaves
4 oz spinach
Splash of water and almond milk
1/2 c pineapple
Makes a little under 24 oz!
This recipe is so delicious, it’s an Aunt Carolyn original. My Aunt Carolyn is one of THE most vivacious, fun and inspiring people I know. I am so blessed to be related to her and love every time she visits or I get to go see her in Racine, WI. She always knows the latest food and health trends
1 lb. cod, cut into large chunks
1/2 t salt
1/4 c chopped parsley
1 egg yolk and 1 large whole egg, beaten
1 T Dijon mustard
1 T lemon juice
1/4 c + 2 T bread crumbs (use more Panko Japanese bread crumbs)
3 scallions, minced
1/4 t pepper
1/4 c coconut oil
1. Salt and steam fish in a pan filled with 1/2 inch of water
2. After fish is cool, flake it in a bowl
3. Stir all other ingredients in a bowl, except half of the bread crumbs and the oil
4. Form 5 cakes and coat with remaining bread crumbs. Use 3 1/2″ Diameter metal cylinder to form. Sprinkle bottom with bread crumbs, put in fish mixture and top with bread crumbs
5. Head the oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat and then add the cakes
6. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side
7. Drain on paper towels
Also to view the Ranch dressing recipe on the salad above, find in previous posting CLICK HERE
Jar of pasta sauce
1/2 Yellow onion
Boil a mixture of the two pastas, quinoa noodles and brown rice noodles. GLUTEN FREE! Then heat a whole jar of tomato sauce. Saute yellow onion and a pound of venison. Chop up zucchini and throw in sauce pan with onion and venison. Add everything together except noodles. Once cooked add on top of al dente pasta!
1 sliced red pepper
1 c kale
1/2 sliced onion
2 chicken breast
4 T corn bean salsa
2 Ezekiel Tortillas
1/2 c mozzarella cheese
Saute vegetables in Coconut Oil. Cook free range chicken breast, then slice. Heat up tortilla in oven, add all the ingredients on tortilla and enjoy!!
Beautiful espresso made in my mothers china
Ingredients for Frittata:
10 eggs (2/people)
1/2 onion chopped
1 c mozzarella cheese
1 red pepper chopped
1 c mushrooms
2 c broccoli
1 T coconut oil
dash of nutmeg
[Serves a little more than 5 people]
Cut up all vegetables, saute together in pan with coconut oil. Preheat the broiler. Beat eggs into large bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Add salt and pepper, nutmeg vegetables and half the cheese and beat lightly to combine. in ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the egg mixture. Reduce the heat to low and cook unstirred for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.Place pan under broiler for 2 minutes or until top is puffy and golden. Remove the frittata from the broiler and let cool in the pan for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
[Sided with grapefruit, Ezekiel toast, mixed fruit]